The three nuclear licensed sites of Cyclife based in the United Kingdom (Workington), Sweden (Nyköping) and France (Bagnols-sur-Cèze), treat very-low to low-level waste, providing services such as large component management, decontamination, waste volume reduction, material recycling, melting, incineration, pyrolysis, as well as consultancy to prepare and optimise on-site operations. They provide best available techniques for waste packaging, volume reduction, and material recycling. Cyclife has a commercial structure in Germany for direct contacts with the German market.
Cyclife, a subsidiary of EDF Group, also owns six engineering and expertise centres with highly-skilled engineers for the design of waste treatment facilities and workshops. They are able to define the full dismantling scenario of a given nuclear installation. They design tools, notably remotely operated, to perform dismantling operations. They all use state-of-the-art technologies including digital.
- Cyclife Digital Solutions offers a robust digital tool a decision support and intervention simulation tool, based on real-time 3D technologies, DEMplus® for nuclear, a software based on 3D real-time simulations to obtain and optimise scenario costs, lead times, waste flows and dosimetry.
- Quadrica develops and delivers software solutions, MySurvey® and ViSu®, to meet the emerging operational needs of industrial digital twins.
- Cyclife Engineering is dedicated to the decommissioning of light water reactors, along with the designing radioactive waste storage and treatment facilities.
- Graphitech, a joint venture company between Cyclife and Veolia Nuclear Solutions, focuses on the dismantling of graphite reactors and the development of innovative remote tooling.
- Waste2Glass, a joint venture company created by Cyclife and Veolia Nuclear Solutions, aims to deliver a unique and concrete solution for some specific radioactive waste treatment based on GeoMelt® vitrification process.
- Cyclife Aquila Nuclear has been acquired by Cyclife to expand its engineering capabilities in the fields of containment, shielded installations, remote handling and transport/packaging to better serve its customers.
Cyclife Sweden AB
Our site in Nyköping and its activities in radioactive waste management including size-reduction, clearance and materials recycling
Cyclife UK Ltd
Our site in Workington and its activities in size-reduction of radioactive waste, consultancy and support in nuclear decommissioning projects
Our sites in France and their activities in radioactive waste management and treatment to reduce waste volumes
Cyclife Digital Solutions
Our digital solutions including BIM, 3D-real time technologies to optimise maintenance, operations and decommissioning projects in terms of risk, dosimetry, cost and planning
Our software solutions to meet the emerging operational needs of industrial digital twins
Our engineering activities for nuclear decommissioning and design of radioactive waste treatment facilities
Our engineering services in dismantling of graphite reactors and the development of innovative remote toolingA joint-venture between Cyclife and Veolia Nuclear Solutions
Cyclife Aquila Nuclear
Our engineering capabilities in containment, shielded installations, remote handling and transport/packaging for the nuclear and research industry