EDF, Technocentre Project, France
Technocentre is a building project of a new nuclear metallic low level waste treatment facility in France.
EDF DPD2 want to simulate streams into the facility and have a decision support tool to be able to readjust the facility’s design and study modification impacts on the waste treatment.
- Technocentre facility have a lot of interconnected streams and very specifics functioning rules.
- It is essential to get a definition of every elementary process and their rules (campaign’s furnaces functioning for example) to link processes between themself afterwards.
- Every input data should be adaptable. The simulation model has been configured to be able to take into account any data modification
The stream study is based on previous studies’ data modelized trough the FlexSim software with the model’s user manual.
- Technical note to define the model framework
- Explanatory note of the model’s functioning
- Modelling the facility with available data to represent the current state of studies
- Adapt the model to take into account changes on processes and entry data
- Dynamic Dashboards for several kind of results
Customer benefits and results
- Interactive model to try several entry data to have a better sizing of the facility
- Highlight design issues by modelling every part of the facility and interactions between processes and identifying issues
- Stream and process optimisation