EDF Saint-Laurent NPP, France
Saint Laurent A is a site with two of six UNGG reactors currently being decommissioned by EDF in France. The site is home to a waste silo containing graphite sleeves from the site's operation.
Graphitech* has been in charge with the full waste retrieval design.
- EDF needs to empty an on-site silo filled with irradiated graphite sleeves on the Saint-Laurent site to store them in a new more secure store
- Access to the silos is limited and little information is readily available with regards to the contents
Graphitech has developed a detailed design for the full waste retrieval:
- Retrieval equipment
- Graphite waste processing equipment and facilities (2020-21)
- Manufacture of the retrieval equipment and optimisation of the retrieval technology using the EDF demonstration facility at Chinon
- Development and trials of graphite crushing technology to optimise waste packing (2022-24)