Dounreay Site Restoration Ltd., UK
Jacobs commissioned Cyclife Aquila Nuclear to supply a glovebox suite was designed to be the primary containment for the re-packaging of cans at Dounreay Site Restoration Ltd.
- High integrity Alpha Gloveboxes to the Sellafield Standard ES_0_1503_1.
- Services connections to the glovebox were by means of integral weld-on features.
- Argon purging in welding glovebox.
- Stringent requirements for seismic and leak rate compliance
- Programme constraints for delivery
- Multiple interfaces amongst customer and supply chain
Cyclife Aquila Nuclear to design, build and supply a suite gloveboxes to Dounreay, to enable the safe inspection and repackaging of exotic metallic materials.
Key technical data:
- High integrity Alpha Gloveboxes <0.05% volume/hour Integration of welding equipment, oven, furnace, weigh scales, moisture analyser, HVAC, and instrumentation Seismic qualification
- 304L stainless steel 6mm thick, 25mm base
- Robust engineering controls from design stage through to testing
- Fully assembled and factory acceptance tested at Cyclife Aquila Nuclear to meet the performance requirements.
- Delivered on time and on budget
- Recognised by the client QA inspectors as some of the best manufactured gloveboxes in the UK supply chain